Monday, May 7, 2007

Le Weekend Round-Up: Cake, soccer, & hamsters

This post is brought to you by the word Awesome:

I had a fairly awesome weekend. At least I think I did, because I did a lot of drinking, which is usually the best indicator that awesomeness ensued. Plus I think I saved the world a little, which is also quite awesome. On Saturday, Pal Tim, our own little Cinco de Mayo baby, turned the big 3-0. Woot! And I must say that Tim handled turning over that particular mileage pretty damn well. I mean, look at him. All that enthusiam, that eagerness, all that general awesomeness (actually, he looks a wee bit terrified of his cake, but I will vouch as a witness that he was happy as toast). I can't say my attitude was nearly that healthy, because I reacted to thirty like my name was Logan and I had a smoking Timex jammed in the palm of my hand. Oh, and the cake? Oreo. Awesome.

Awesome weekend continued into Sunday, where I got up at the crack of dawn...errr, 8:30, to go watch the Arsenal vs. Chelsea match over at Fado with some of my Peeps. Getting up after four hours sleep was not so awesome, but drinking beer at 10:00 a.m. was booyah awesome, so the universe balanced out. By the way, did you know that Peter Jackson daylights at Fado's? Seriously, he was serving us drinks and food and shit. Despite his vast post-LOTR millions, he stays in touch with the common folk. Damn Pete, that's pretty awesome. As for the game...well, neither awesomeness nor lameness...because draws are anticlimatic that way. Though Chelsea got a red card, which was kind of awesome, and Arsenal nearly scored an upsetting goal in the overtime, which would have been totally awesome, but it hit the rim...thus it was lameness. But I had another beer by that time, so lameness forgotten. Speaking of lameness, I didn't document this event like I should, despite having my camera on me, so we'll have to make do with this not-so-awesome mock-up, (and unfortunately that is a fairly accurate representation of what my hair looked like in the morning...sooooo not awesome).

We closed out the Sunday with rest, relaxation, drink, ...oh, and saving the world from what ultimately proved to be the underwhelming evil that is Yig. We were awesome, partly because Yig is a total pussy, who was beat up by an army of Ham-Hams, though it still took about four hours to defeat this monstrosity of the netherworlds...which was mostly due to us having to consult the Big Rule Book of Warfare until we knew what the fuck we were doing (The B-man was awesome). Normally this is where I would insert an awesome little political rant comic of Dubya and Maliki bitching about faulty die rolls and who has more tokens to tap a combat initiative card...but battling Yig wore me out, so here is a picture of some sleepy chibi battle hamsters, who shall arise again to defend the town of Arkham. Teh Wootzer Awesome.

By the way, can I get one of those awesome re-do cards for Real Life? I'd totally tap that shit at least three times a week.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Hahahaha! Man now I'm sorry that I didn't go to Fado's, but that whole sleeping thing was more my speed.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!